In recognizing that crime causes injury to people and communities, restorative practices seek to repair those injuries by encouraging and supporting parties with a stake in a particular offense to participate in its resolution. Vermont is a nationally recognized leader in the development of community based restorative justice and services to victims.
Circles of Support & Accountability
- CIRCLES OF SUPPORT & ACCOUNTABILITY - Summary
- CIRCLES OF SUPPORT & ACCOUNTABILITY - Final Report
- Office of Justice Programs bulletin on High Risk Sex offenders & Reentry
Reparative Program in the News:
- Hold offenders accountable by trying to identify the harm done and determining what must be done to address that harm
- Increase communication, improve problem solving and promote new ways to deal with conflict
- Advance neighborliness and contribute to building a strong sense of community
Restorative Justice is the law in Vermont.
Restorative Justice is building better communities.
For more information contact Derek Miodownik(Derek.Miodownik@state.vt.us).